Wednesday, January 6, 2016

The Future Of ChewCraft

Hello everybody, Chew here, the REAL owner of ChewCraft.
I know some of you are confused, why is so and so owner, I thought Chew was.
I am the owner of ChewCraft. It will always stay the name ChewCraft, no matter how bad it is.
Let me tell you a brief history of ChewCraft.

10/2/13 - Server starts up for the first time ever.
11/9/13 - Server breaks, shuts down.
11/10/13 - Server 2.0 starts back up.
1/19/15 - Server 2.0 suspends.
8/24/15 - Server 3.0 starts back up.

ChewCraft is over 2 years old.
Have I ever given anyone access to those files? Never
Will I ever give anyone access to those files? No, never.
Those files, all of ChewCraft, are my personal files. They are owned by no other, those are ours. No one owns it, we, together, run it.
Do I enforce rules? Of course, too much actually.
Do I want to? No, I would rather not have any rules, but there are just some people out there who take freedom too seriously.

Now, what does this mean for the future?

I was originally thinking, why not make it a network?

This is our situation now. I actually have it attached to my network.
I started to think, about 1/4/15 to be exact. I love ChewCraft, I treat anyone as I want them to treat me, but do they? Most do not.

I personally just wanted ChewCraft to be a private server. Just me and my friends. I of course opened this up.

I personally don't want the server to be super popular. I like it the way it is.

What do I want to do now?
I want every single staff member, who is my friend personally, or their friends ONLY to be a staff member. I want all staff members to have all permissions. Because I know I can trust them, or their friends can. I trust my friends, I let them take care of their friends. Anything friends of friends do, the original friend takes all the blame. Resulting in both getting demoted.

I have specific staff rules. Which personally are too strict in some places, not enough in others.

I want anyone I don't know personally, demoted. ChewCraft was, as mentioned earlier, just for friends. I want those friends to have freedom they deserve. But if I don't know them, why make them staff member?

Now, for the network. I will own a network one day. It will have to be seperate from the rest of ChewCraft. All of ChewCraft will forever stay this server. As of 2/1/15, I will disconnect almost everything from ChewCraft and have it be itself, demote all staff members I don't know personally (except for FoF [friends of friends]) make them all one rank (They will have custom tags, I just haven't decided yet haha)

There will be only one owner, me. I will just have me prefixed as [Owner]. Everyone else I assume will just be [Staff]. No one will be bale to apply for staff. Applications will be closed, and will be used for the future network.

The future network, I have to add, will NOT be associated with ChewCraft in anyway. I will be owner of that, but won't spend near as much time as I do on ChewCraft.

I try to make the best experience possible for all of my players. I listen to their suggestions. They give pretty good ones too. Some players I get on my server, we get to become friends. I only make people staff if I know I can trust them.

That's not to say I don't trust people enough to give them access to my files. I just don't want anyone modifying it the way I believe the players want it to be.

Thank you for reading, and I hope your adventures on ChewCraft are awesome!

~Chew